Porcelain garden stools continue to remain extremely popular. They seem to add a nice touch to either the living room or the garden which makes them quite versatile. And there is quite a lot of variety in styles. Which may explain why they are selling so well out on the web. They were even featured in Elle Decor. There is also quite a lot of buzz on the design blogs on this topic as well including one amusing post entitled Are we over garden stools ? on a witty blog which describes itself as porn for decor addicts (love it!). On commenter on the post has the following to say about garden stools:
Garden stools are like bentwood dining chairs, Oriental rugs, tansu chests, club chairs, those plain swing-arm lamps Billy Baldwin loved, and large mirrors over fireplaces. They can be abused, and they can go through phases of being overly much in one’s face — but they’re never truly OUT.
A common question amongst buyers is how to distinguish between the various offerings out there on different websites. Stools break down into three categories:
- Hand made (new)
- Mass produced (New)
- The ACF China stools (see pictures below) fall into this category. These tend to show some minor wear and tear. They are often heavier well as a bit more ornate with more attention to detail. Its not uncommon for them to have a bit of a washed out quality to them. Obviously these are the more expensive of the three kinds.
- The deep Jade Green Openwork Square Garden Stools at Gumps are good examples of this. Ornate, attractive and with their own texture. You can almost imagining them “aging into vintage” in a few years. Moderately priced, these stools will not be mistaken for Target bargains. Also over at one of our favorite design sites apartmenttherapy.com they are talking about Using Chinese Elements: Wisteria Living.
- Style court’s colorful Juicy Decor fall into this category. Less expensive then Vintage or hand-made, thats not to say they do not make excellent additions to any space as points out about the ones she saw at the Mondrian Scottsdale . I love the manner in which Style court, describes her local shops as selling “Ceramic garden stools, above, come in luscious mouth-watering colors. “Juicy Decor,” she calls it…
If you are importer, shop, wholesaler or retailer:
- ACF China of course!
If you are an individual buyer looking for your home:
- At present they are selling at quite a number of stores both online and off, including Mecox Gardens with their Lime Green Ceramic Garden Stools, Turquoise Stool, and Teal Side Table.
- Gumps is selling Jade Green Openwork Square Garden Stools (which we carry also). They have Black Garden Stools as well. If you want to try some of these out,in fact they come in a rage of colors with silver, gold and white also being quite popular at the moment.
- Red River Trading Co has some nice green ones also.
- William Sonoma Home – Decorative Porcelain Garden Seat (thanks to coco cozy)