DATE: Friday 14 Oct 2011 - 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
ADDRESS: 160 Eurovillage, Yuyanglu, Houshayu Town, Shunyi District,,Beijing
MAP: (For directions, see bottom of page)
CONTACT:Roger Schwendeman, email@example.com, 86-14715493033 or 86-13051440767
Roger and Chris share their experiences in collecting antiques in China, and in particular in Beijing. Topics include:
- a brief introduction to north China (Neolithic and bronze age cultures up to the present day)
- types of antiques available in Beijing markets
- genuine items versus fakes
- collecting strategies
- prices and market trends
- how not to get “taken for a ride”
- exporting your antiques (exportable items and problem areas)
- packing and shipping your antiques. (With practical examples)
All classes are from 10.30am to 12pm approximately. Allow longer for field trips for traveling time. Classes are limited to 12-15 people per session depending on venue. Offsite field trips are limited to 15-20. Seats are first-come first-served so if you have interest please RSVP your intention without delay.There is a fee of 200RMB per class.
To sign up or cancel your existing registration for this event, please fill in the details below. You will then receive an automated confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail file and/or contact us directly.